Friday, November 5, 2010

Profile On: Zach Cruse - First Interview

Zachariah Cruse, 19-year-old sculpture major at Herron Art School, is a tall curly blond that has an absolute love for any kind of plain chicken dishes, and a deep-seated hatred for any vegetables or leafy greens.  He has a dry sense of humor and a laugh that makes his eyes squint.  He loves “The Office” and is a fan of Michael Scott.

When asked who or what he would have to have with him on a deserted island, Cruse smiled and mulled over his answer.  It took him a few minutes but he finally said, “Taylor, I’d have to bring Taylor.  He would probably help me survive.”

He jokingly talked about what he and his brother, Taylor Cruse, would do on the island to survive, like building a shelter and watching each other’s backs around the island natives.

“Wait!” Cruse said.  “Can I change my answer to a helicopter? What about a lifeboat?  Do those count?”

He thought over his response for a few more moments, clearly not satisfied with his answer.  He smiled, and I knew this answer should be a good one.

“I would bring wireless Internet and my laptop,” Cruse said.  “I could Google the Bible, talk to everyone I could not bring with me on the island, I could Google plans on how to build a raft and I could watch episodes of ‘The Office’ when I got bored.”

After a second of reveling in his newly thought out plan, Cruse hesitated, and then slapped his palm onto his forehead.

“Oh crap, I didn’t even think about the laptop dying.  I’m an idiot.”

That’s when he looked at me, face completely serious with a hopeful expression.

“Can I include a solar powered charger for my laptop?”

His family, when asked what they think we would need to take with him to survive on an island alone, his mom and brother said the same thing.

“He’d probably take his laptop.”

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow.^_^ Totally hilarious and great description! I'm really looking forward to more updates! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete